December 21, 2009

Home For the Holidays

Its been a couple weeks since my last post and so much more has happened that I will share with you soon. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the internet at this time and I'm doing this post at the library. Since I'm not a resident of the neighborhood, I only have 15 minutes to use the express PC.

My children and I moved out of our friend's house last Tuesday and we are currently staying in a shelter in Bethlehem. I told my children earlier this year that I believed we'd be in our own place by Christmas, it seemed very possible. I guess we are in our "own" place in that we aren't living with our family or friends any more, but a shelter wasn't exactly what I had in mind. We have our own room, but it is community living and we have to share the bathrooms, kitchen and lounge/TV area.

My husband bailed himself out of jail the day after he was arrested and his bail was $10,000 straight, which he paid with no problem. But he hasn't paid his court ordered child support because he says he doesn't have it. He hired a lawyer to defend his criminal charge and he has hired one to fight the support order. He wants the order vacated. He will be spending a wonderful holiday with his mistress and his daughter, spending his children's support money on them and himself. He may even spring for the trip to Japan for the three of them.

So anyway, we are in our new "home" for the holidays. We have 30 days here and maybe an extension and then on to the next unknown place. Please keep us in your prayers.

I wish you and your families a blessed and Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!