August 13, 2012

I Am

 
"I Am"  by Kirk Franklin




 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One thing I love about Kirk Franklin's music, is that you can tell it comes from a person who has made a lot of mistakes and who fully appreciates the transformation God can make in our lives, if we are willing to remain on the Potter's wheel. He understands the struggles we face with sin, pain, and wounds from the past. He also understands the incredible love and mercy that can only come from a Savior and a God who chose to love us over condemning us.

I feel like his music tells my story, both the struggles and the victories. I am SO far from perfect and acknowledge it openly. I am still in the process, still on my journey, still on my way to who I will be. I am disappointed in myself when I mess up, because I don't want to break God's heart, I want Him to be proud of me. I know that I'd be in big trouble if not for His grace.

I'm so thankful He hasn't and will never give up on me. I am what I am.